BRAIDS & PLAITS
BRAIDS AND PLAITS ARE POPULAR FORMS OF PROTECTIVE STYLING.
PROTECTIVE STYLES REFER TO ANY STYLING METHOD THAT IS WORN FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND WHICH REDUCES THE FREQUENCY WITH WHICH YOU HAVE TO MANIPULATE YOUR OWN HAIR IN PROCESSES SUCH AS DETANGLING OR COMBING.
MAINTAINING YOUR BRAIDS & PLAITS
While braids and plaits are a styling method that are perfect for all seasons, they can also be damaging to the hair growth process as well as to your scalp health if the hair is pulled too tightly or if your default is to ignore your hair and scalp completely when you are in a protective style.
Just remember, it’s important to keep our hair hydrated and moisturised no matter what styling method you choose.
Get to know your hair's POROSITYDENSITYTYPE
Hover over image to learn more
Hair Density refers to the thickness of your hair or how much hair you have on your scalp.
Texture – Is your hair straight, wavy, curly or coily?
We've got you PROTECTED
Our tips for protective styling:
- Shampoo and deep condition your hair before you do any protective style.
- Never pull the hair to tightly. Tight plaits pull at your hair roots and can lead to hairloss (traction alopecia).
- Avoid plaiting your baby hair. Rather use an edge tamer to smooth and style short edges along your hairline.
- Tying your hair up in buns or pony tails can also put a strain on sections of your hair, so enjoy letting it loose once in a while.
- We recommend using a scalp oil to hydrate your scalp and prevent dryness.
- Invest in a moisture infusing hair spray to keep the ends of your hair moisturised. This will also give a healthy sheen to your extensions.
- Avoid keeping the same protective style installed for too long. We recommend keeping any protective style for a maximum period of 6 weeks before removing.
WHAT TO SHOP
DEEP CLEANSE OR CLARIFYING SHAMPOO
LOVE AT FIRST LATHER!
Our Oat Protein & Henna Deep Cleansing Shampoo Uses A Natural Blend Of Botanicals That Leaves Hair Clean And Healthy With Increased Volume And Manageability.
Deep cleansing/clarifying your hair is a very important step as it removes product build up creating a clean base to shampoo the hair. Always follow up with a moisture retention shampoo after the Oat Protein
After using a clarifying shampoo it is important to follow up with a moisturising shampoo such as the Almond Avocado Detangling shampoo to impart moisture back into the hair.
SHAMPOO & CONDITION
Honey Cream Moisture Retention ShampooR205.00 – R495.00